Senior Sales Executive (Certification)
DescriptionGreat that you\'re thinking about a career with BSI!
Purpose of Position
The Senior Sales Executive is primarily responsible for selling BSI products and services to new and existing customers across a defined BSI product suite. This role is responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities, building an in-depth understanding of client business needs and drivers, to position how BSI products and services can enable organisations to improve and manage the sales process to a successful conclusion.
Key Results Areas & Principal Accountabilities
The key areas of responsibility for the Senior Sales Executive include:
- Proactively network with existing customers to sell additional BSI products.
- Identify new prospects to grow the BSI customer base through targeted calls to generate sales revenue in line with new business targets.
- Execute BSI sales process to investigate, explore and understand customer needs in order to sell relevant products/services.
- Investigate relevant resource required and provide a timeline for delivery to meet customer order & solve any customer issues.
- Routinely review sales activity and quality KPIs, based on sales ratios to plan future sales activities to deliver on financial and activity targets.
- Manage potential through account and opportunity management to develop solid pipeline. Produce accurate sales forecasts in a timely manner.
- Effective use of price book and tools to propose main products and services.
- Use relevant sales/product collateral to illustrate how a range of BSI products meet identified customer needs.
- Accurately and effectively applies standard, commoditised, T&Cs.
- Accurately record sales and order information in the CRM.
- Remain up to date with developments in the standards industry and be able explain the standards development process to customers.
- Able to apply product features and benefits to customers needs in order to win business.
- Able to apply knowledge of competitors to explain the full business advantages of BSI products.
- Possess a deeper and wider knowledge of the products/services of BSI and their application to specific customer sets. Use reporting function of sales tools to aid account management and new business development.
- Strong telephone communication with customers. Ability to create effective proposals, and produce presentations to customers.
- Accurately define requirements, including buying process, budget, positioning vs competition and actual circumstances which positively affect potential sales. Ability to identify further and future opportunities.
- Able to question effectively to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs to identify up-selling opportunities. Able to provide a range of targeted solutions to the customer.
- Accurately summarise customer needs. Identify BSI product or service. Get customer agreement to price and delivery.
- Ability to handle objections. Use knowledge and experience to provide an answer. Gain customer commitment before progressing. Identify high impact issues for customer, give up on those with low value to BSI. Ensure understanding of business and personal value of BSI product/service to the customer.
- Able to plan on a short term basis (1-3 months) to achieve immediate performance goals.
- Ensure area of responsibility is delivering to plan. Identify & propose changes/solutions to drive & increase targeted delivery.
- Degree level, equivalent education or proven experience of sustained over achievement in a new business sales environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record of significantly exceeding targets and expectations;
- Proven ability in closing business to business sales and winning new customers;
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrable self sufficiency in sales activities;
- Entrepreneurial relationship and business development skills;
- Ability to successfully encourage the customers to expand product range;
- Ability to develop executive level relationships and engage with the customer to establish an understanding of their business drivers and how BSI can enable them to become more efficient;
- Able to communicate complex technical issues;
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Clear understanding of modern selling techniques and ability to use them;
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment.